Saturday, June 22, 2013

{House update} Sheetrocking 'n rolling

As I explained in my last post, the brick took a while to finish, but by mid-June, it was finally done! Another new update was the drywall - during this visit on the 19th, most of it was up, but there were still a few spots that needed it, and the family room was taken over by scaffolding. Also, we found a frog in our basement that day (the tiny pic in the bottom left)! I love all the little signs of wildlife...although hopefully we won't have many frogs hopping around inside the house when it's done!


We stopped by again on the 21st, and just about all of the drywall is installed now, although it still needs to be taped and spackled.
Here's where we are in the process now:

4 comments:

  1. It's looking great! I love all the brick, very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann! The brick was the hardest thing to decide on since it was so hard to visualize. I was nervous about how it was going to look, but I'm definitely happy about how it turned out!

      Delete
  2. The house is beautiful, however the frog not so much. I would have had to have left the frog for someone else to get. To me, a frog, a snake, is the same thing. Ewww! I would have screamed and ran off like a little girl. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy! I like frogs just fine when they're outside, but he definitely freaked me out seeing him in the basement, and I was really worried my dog was going to try and eat him! So I ran away with the pup and let my husband handle the frog, haha.

      Delete