Sunday, June 16, 2013

{Recipe} Caprese Panini

We've been on a major caprese panini kick lately - we've had these a couple times a week for the past several weeks. I could totally go for one right now...

We always put the standard caprese ingredients on these - slices of fresh mozzarella, fresh basil leaves (from my new little herb garden!), and tomato (although Bryan skips those), and we often add prosciutto too. Last night, we added a less traditional ingredient to the mix - shrimp grilled with olive oil and Italian seasoning - it was great! I brush a bit of olive oil on the bread, then grill it either in the panini press or outside on the grill. It's a quick and delicious sandwich if you're a mozzarella lover!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! I think it's really tasty - although I'm a sucker for anything caprese!

      Delete