Tuesday, February 5, 2013

{Recipe} Grilled Pear, Prosciutto, and Goat Cheese Panini

I had lunch recently at Le Pain Quotidien and ordered a pear and prosciutto tartine. It was such a simple and tasty meal that I had to recreate something similar. And (shh, don't tell) but I like my version even better!




Ingredients:
  • Bread (I used Trader Joe's Tuscan Pane)
  • Fig butter or jam
  • Crumbled goat cheese
  • Pear (a few thin slices)
  • Prosciutto 
  • Olive oil
First, grill your pear slices - I brushed a bit of olive oil on them and stuck them on my panini press for a couple of minutes. While the pear is grilling, brush some olive oil on one side of the bread and spread the fig butter on the other side. Compile the rest of your sandwich by adding the goat cheese, prosciutto, and grilled pear. Then grill the full sandwich - again I just stuck mine in the panini press for a few minutes.

This is basically a fancy grilled cheese - if you don't have a panini press, a skillet would work just as well (and you'll be less likely to smush yours, like I did...). 



So yeah - as you can see, I forgot to adjust the height of my panini press and pretty much smushed my panini as skinny as possible. It doesn't look very pretty, but it tasted delicious!

9 comments:

  1. This looks really delicious - goats cheese is just about of my favourites, so I have to try making it.

    Kate x
    http://www.kateathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! I'm a huge fan of goat cheese too - it's so good!

      Delete
  2. I love finding recipes! I hope you stop by to link this to my party- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2013/02/link-party-6.html
    Come back every week to share.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! I will definitely stop by and link up this week and look forward to keeping up with the party in the future!!

      Delete
  3. That looks so good! I'm getting really hungry now. Wishing I had more than just cereal with me for lunch now!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I have to admit I've gotten kind of obsessed with these and have eaten one every day this week since I made this first one, haha. I wish I had a better lunch with me too though - just boring canned soup for me!

      Delete
  4. This looks so good. I am going to so try this recipe out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Accommodate staff meetings off-site. Relax and take a break. Meet for breakfast within a local coffee house hold. Go out to help you lunch together. Do not let staff meetings in becoming mundane. New surroundings arouse creativity and right out of the box thinking.

    Explain regularly. More commonly then not, organizations can't complete their ideas because communication concerning the owner or administration additionally Marlboro Cigarettes Size, the frontline staff is without a doubt poor Cheap Cigarettes Online USA. As issues or items developed, address them don't look ahead to staff meetings. You want to keep door open and be particularly ready to look.


    Remind the office staff how important they are really and express ones own appreciation. A verbal pat in the back is always welcome and far appreciated. Reinforce your appreciation along with a few extras occasionally like unexpected present, donuts or an important pizza for noon-time meal.

    ReplyDelete