Friday, April 12, 2013

Five Friday Favorites {Numero Uno}

Let's face it: I'm not exactly a model blogger. When am I going to post? What am I going to post? It's anyone's guess (and yours is as good as mine, honestly!). My content's all over the place, and while I do enjoy being a bit random, it would nice to at least occasionally post home-related stuff (which has been hard, since we're still impatiently waiting for that pesky house of ours to hurry up and get built already!).

To {slightly} help with those issues, I thought it would fun to start posting a series I decided to call Five Friday Favorites. For one thing, it gives me a regular post to stick to each week. Just one, and it's an easy one...I think I can handle that. For another, I can incorporate some home decor topics here. Not just home decor... that would be much too consistent for me... but definitely some favorite looks for around the house, and whatever else I might be fancying lately - DIY, food, fashion, travel, pet stuff, whatever. I had a lot of fun picking out my first set, and it was hard to limit it to just five things, so I'm definitely excited about continuing this in the future!

So here goes, five favorites for this fabulous Friday...

Favorite bold decor move: Black paint. I love the rich feel that black paint brings to a room. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to put it in a large living space, but I think I may go for it in our new powder room.

Favorite outdoor space: I love the indoor/outdoor feel of this patio. Especially the chandelier. And the curtains. And the mirrors. And basically everything. Wouldn't you love to curl up on that couch with a good book and a glass of wine? Or a mojito...or a margarita...or just a nice cold beer. I think I'm ready for the weekend to start...


Favorite home accessories collection: The Global Market collection of pillows, rugs and other accessories at Joss & Main is filled with so many fun patterns and colors. I wish I could just order a bunch of those fabrics by the yard!



Favorite look: I just got a pleated black maxi skirt, and this simple-yet-striking look is my favorite inspiration for how to wear it. I tend to go for smaller bags most of the time though, so I'd love to pair it with this little Grayson Bar Bag. Who wants to buy me one?! No takers? Ok, fine... here's a similar style bag for much cheaper.
Source

Favorite recipe: For the past couple of weeks, I've been obsessed with these little Greek yogurt souffle/cheesecakes from Eat Well Living Thin (which you may have seen if you follow me on Instagram!). They're so good, and look at these nutrition facts: Per Serving: 72 Cal; 7 g Protein; 3 g Tot Fat. With those stats, you can't even feel guilty about going back for a second helping! Not that I would ever do that... ;)

Happy weekend! Do you have any fun plans? Or any fun favorites that you've been eyeing this week??

3 comments:

  1. I love that outdoor patio too! It would feel like a vacation all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I could spend so much time out there!

      Delete
  2. I'm personally a big fan of homevolution blog. Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete