Sunday, January 6, 2013

Dream Home: Kiawah Island Style

Have you looked at the HGTV Dream Home yet? And have you been entering to win the sweepstakes? I know there's about a one in a bazillion chance of winning, but I've still been entering us just about every day. Someone's gotta win it, right?? Maybe this is our year ;)

Although everything in the house isn't necessarily my style, there's no denying this is an absolutely amazing house. As I was going through all the photos on HGTV's website, I decided to include one photo from each space in this post to provide a quick way to glance through the whole house and share my thoughts. Get ready - there are a ton of photos (but this is only a tiny fraction of the ones on HGTV if this leaves you wanting more!).

Front porch - I love everything about it - the decking, the door, the simple greenery, the Greek key fabric on the chairs, even the siding (which is actually PVC made to look like cedar)

Entry - Built in seating always makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside. How adorable is this seat in the entry area?
Great Room - If you've seen the floor plans for our house, you might have guessed that I have a major crush on high ceilings. I love that modern fireplace too, and all the windows looking out to the marshes.
Deck - In a place like Kiawah Island, you need a great deck. And this is a great deck.
Plunge Pool - Ok I failed at posting one pic per space since this is technically part of the deck, but I couldn't skip over this. This pool may be small, but I love the sleek look of it. Just imagine it all lit up at night!
Kitchen - The kitchen's not really my style, but I bet it would be a dream to cook in while staring out those windows.
Dining Room - All of the green that they've used widely through the house isn't really calling my name, but I'm still love the style of this room. And those light fixtures!
Pantry - In general, I'm not a big fan of fabric panels since I think they can look a little cheesy, but I like the fabric choice a lot, plus this is inside the pantry. You know, the space that looks like a closet in most houses (if you're lucky enough to have one)?? This one's pretty fancy. And it has a wine fridge. And doggie art. 
Laundry Room - The laundry room is fairly basic but has lots of space. 

Master Bedroom - This bedroom seems so cozy. I love the canopy bed and the rug.
Master Bathroom - I think the master bath is amazing. You can't even see the huge glass shower or the frosted glass toilet room in this pic. I would happily soak in that tub any day!

Powder Room - Is it bad that when I look at the powder room pics, it makes me think someone forgot to pull off the Frog Tape? Like I said, this green's not my hue of choice, but otherwise I think it's a nice space.

Bunk Niche - I'm not sure I'm totally sold on the idea of a bunk niche (seems like it's not closed off and the curtain just goes around the beds?), but I this this bright & beachy look is perfect for a kid's sleeping area in this house.  

Loft - One word: beams! Aren't they gorgeous?
Guest Suite Bedroom - I like the light and airy feel of the guest bedroom, and love the detail of the bed posters.

Guest Suite Bathroom - The guest bath is simple with clean lines and continues the light & airy feel of the guest bedroom. I like this space a lot.

Twin Suite Bedroom - I think this is a fun, beachy space for younger guests.
Twin Suite Bathroom - The beachy bathroom complements the twin bedroom well. I love the Carrera marble tile.
Garage - The garage is spacious & functional. And it has kayaks in it! (Yes, the kayaks excite me more than the GMC - I love the water and I'm much more a car girl than an SUV girl... but don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be opposed to winning an SUV too)

Playroom - What a great space to gather! I was expecting a young children's room since they call it the playroom, but this is plenty of fun for grown-ups too. I love the indoor-outdoor feel and the swinging mattress. Next to the ping pool table is a 60-in TV. 
Front Yard - I think this is such a beautiful beach house!
Side Yard - By the side yard is yet another place to gather, and this one has a nice view of the marsh. How awesome are those lanterns?

Around the Area  - I've never been to Kiawah Island, but from what I've heard it's a relaxing and family-friendly vacation area. Sounds nice to me - I love the beach!

What's your favorite part of the house?? I'm having a hard time deciding but think I have to go with the deck - such a great spot to relax in the evening or entertain friends (or go for a dip!). My least favorite room is the kitchen... but I'm sure I could get used to it ;)

4 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW this house is amazing and perfect in my dreams!!! I love the colors and how everything has been placed. Unfortunately I cannot pick one shot I like most.. it is all one perfect package.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2013/01/dos-and-dont-for-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a hard time deciding too, it's so nice! Thanks for stopping by and for commenting!!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I would want to spend my entire day out on that amazing deck enjoying the view, but the inside of the house is so amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Wouldn't be a bad way to spend the day!! Thanks for stopping by & commenting, Tonya!

      Delete